Sign in to follow this  

ARB_VERTEX_PROGRAM

This topic is 4840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, i've a problem with this extension...(maybe it's my fault, i'm not experienced): i've tried to write my first vertex programs in some simple contests, but even there're no errors (using glGetString(GL_PROGRAM_ERROR_STRING_ARB);) primitive vertex won't show (with GL_ARB_PROGRAM_VERTEX enabled). If i disable the extension everything works; i try standard vertex programs (downloaded with some tutorial) which replace part of vertex pipeline, some of downloaded examples don't work, a few of them work ( i don't know why :( ); is my ati card (9600) responsible for this ? do someone have any suggestion ? thanx to all (and sorry for limited english)

It could be a mistake in pipeline configuration. It's hard to say from just what you've said so far; can you maybe post some code or a more specific explanation of what you're doing?

i've tried many simple vp downloaded with some tutorials, but all i get is black screen '-' i'm in despair

isn't supposed that i can see right trasformed coordinates with this vp ? (or not) i get no error but nothing appears, if i disable the extension everything goes right

!!ARBvp1.0
ATTRIB iPos=vertex.position;
ATTRIB iColor=vertex.color;
ATTRIB iTex0=vertex.texcoord[0];
PARAM mvp[4]= { state.matrix.mvp };
OUTPUT oPos=result.position;
OUTPUT oColor=result.color;
OUTPUT oTex0=result.texcoord[0];

DP4 oPos.x, mvp[0], iPos;
DP4 oPos.y, mvp[1], iPos;
DP4 oPos.z, mvp[2], iPos;
DP4 oPos.w, mvp[3], iPos;

MOV oColor,iColor;
MOV oTex0,iTex0;
END

3 days of continous changes and tests, and the problem was that i put the function for deleting programs before message pump in winmain, i want to kill my self, thanx anyway ^^

This topic is 4840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.