[web] New Web Page - Comments?

Started by
12 comments, last by Spintwo 19 years, 7 months ago
I now have version 2 of my web page experiment, and this time it's actually on the web rather than a photoshop image. all comments are appriciated! Click here EDIT: You can still comment on this page if you want, but I think I'm going to use the white one linked to below As you'll be able to tell once you actually try one of them, the links aren't linked to the right things yet, but the sub-pages will be basically the main page with different content and perhaps a different picture in the corner. [Edited by - NewbJ on September 18, 2004 9:53:59 PM]
Advertisement
Ah...that's much better than your photoshop image. The greens aren't burning my eyse out. If you'd get a decent logo image, then I'd think you'd have a viewable site.
Good one.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
thanks. I'm not sure what logo I'll use...I want to keep it simple, just because that's the way I like things, but obviously too simple will render it ineffective. so, off to create a logo!
look really dark, you could use some slighty lighter tone maybe ?

For the layout, that's fine, simple and clean, and the code is ok (No table hehe). Just put your text between p tags (and make it xhtml compliant. :))

Else, I don't have anything else to say, except for one thing. The banner.... Half the page was taken by it !!!

Keep up the good work

Sincerly,

Karl.

(if you want to see a dark theme website, just ask it, I've got one, you could get some design idea! :))
-----------------------Happiness in slavery !-----------------------
thanks for the comments Sadness. Yeah, one of my problems with it is that it's a tad darker than I intended it to be...it's not supposed to have a particularly dark theme. I'll experiment with the colors. And even though it isn't exactly supposed to be a dark website, I would still be interested in seeing yours. This is my first ever site design, so I'm really anxious to get as many ideas as I can.

Yeah, the code is sort of embarrasing...I don't have too much experience with HTML, only C++, so I didn't really make it the cleanest or most efficient. I'm not sure how to make it XHTML compliant, but I could probably find out through google.
http://terres-de-belenos.com/

Look at the bottom, there's 3 links that have information about xhtml and css compliance.
-----------------------Happiness in slavery !-----------------------
ok, here is version 2, which is a bit lighter and has a different logo:

Version 2

is this better or worse than the first one? and, as always, are there any ideas on how to improve on it?
how about a wireframe of the firefox logo
*grins* everything is linked to google . . . very clever. i'll have to remember that one.
the logo is much better than the first - i wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to be. the page has a nice format, and the green is cool. nice work.
- stormrunner

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement