DirectX Stencil Shadows w/ screenie

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys, Check out this screen shot: http://webjeff.netfirms.com/newshadow.jpg I got it to work sorda, however, the shadow isn't formed properly, infact, when I try to trim the inner edges out, the whole volume shows up. Does anyone have any idea how or why this can happen? or if anyone else has seen this?? Thanks Jeff. [Edited by - Machaira on September 16, 2004 11:43:40 AM]
Advertisement
check your index buffer, it looks like you are using the verticies in the wrong order when you render it.
Maybe try getting it to work using a sphere or a cube or something more simple than the footballers for the time being - it's much easier to detect whether or not the shadows are correct (spheres are quite nice for this actually).

If your indexes are correct, then you should see a perfect sphere shadow being cast. If not, then I could do with a bit more information - such as are you using "Carmack's Reverse" algorithm? This is prone to holes appearing apparently if the shadow volumes aren't capped at both ends somehow.

Looks like you're nearly there though :) Keep going :P

-BPG
looks like the youre for-to-light test is bugy, prabobly light not in objet space ore something

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement