AI Game in J2ME

Started by
3 comments, last by Sneftel 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi, i developing the action game in mobile phone and some of the people recommend me using the Pathfinding to create it. However, i can't find any source code about pathfinding which using the J2ME. so that, can u help me find some of the source which using the J2ME to devleop the pathfinding for me. Or u can recommed me using the other way to develop the AI. Pls post some of the source to me. thank u.
Advertisement
Pathfinding in J2ME is just like pathfinding on any other platform. There's nothing special about the MIDP or CLDC that makes the algorithms different. So any general documentation on pathfinding should suffice.
...which is why this is more of an AI question than a programming question... hence I'm going to move this thread to the AI forum.

Timkin
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Pathfinding in J2ME is just like pathfinding on any other platform. There's nothing special about the MIDP or CLDC that makes the algorithms different. So any general documentation on pathfinding should suffice.

While I agree that implementing pathfinding in Java is practically the same thing as in any other language, the fact that the game is for mobile phones may mean that a common algorithm like A* may be too heavy on the resources if the grid is big and/or complicated. Consider pathfinding that moves along "tracks" rather than actually finding the path if the more standard algorithms prove to demanding.
Quote:Original post by Lorgosin
While I agree that implementing pathfinding in Java is practically the same thing as in any other language, the fact that the game is for mobile phones may mean that a common algorithm like A* may be too heavy on the resources if the grid is big and/or complicated. Consider pathfinding that moves along "tracks" rather than actually finding the path if the more standard algorithms prove to demanding.
We've implemented A* on even the crappiest of phones without too much trouble; with standard techniques and data structures the processor and memory consumption is very reasonable. Of course, you're right that it's a bad idea to go with a general algorithm like A* if a more limited, targeted algorithm would serve just as well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement