Sign in to follow this  

Quake3 clouds and other things

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I am working on a Quake3 map renderer, using DX9 and VS/PS. So far most of the shaders are translated (to a D3D effect) and working nicely. But I have some doubts, which maybe you can help me solve: - How does cloud rendering work? I get the cloud height from the skyparms directive, but I don´t know how to translate that into texture coordinates. I know I have to map it into a hemisphere of that height, centered around the camera location, but how? - Does anybody know what exactly "light" directive means in a shader? Also, I have tried loading a RTCW map, which seems to work fine, but I don´t get anything on the screen... Anyone knows of any differences between Quake3 and RTCW .bsp? (Shaders also seem to parse and translate fine) Thanks in advance. Angel.

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.