Direct Show.

Started by
11 comments, last by mrmrcoleman 19 years, 7 months ago
mrmr, try HuffyUV. I found it just before I left work so I did not really get a chance to play with it, but it did spit me out a 32bit compressed AVI. Hope it works for you. I could not get it to work with my old VFW code, but DirectShow was no problem.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
Advertisement
Codemunkie, big thanks mate, I was actually using VirtualDub which is suggested on the site so I will give it a whirl. Will report back here with any results.

Later.

Mark Coleman.
Hello.

I have successfully compressed some ARGB2 video files and the alpha is retained. The files are in some cases 33% of their original size and the performance is much better, however there is just one question that I have.

The output from the AVI decompressor is RGB32 not ARGB32 which my Custom Renderer accepts. Directshow kindly inserts a Colour Space Filter for me and converts the RGB32 to an ARGB32 but is this acceptable?? Will the alpha still be present Is looks like it is when rendered, but I just need to know for sure..

Actually I lied there is another question :)

Codemunkie, you metioned that you have done this kind of thing before. Did you notice that you ever had white flashes on the texture where the video should have been rendered? I keep getting these and I can't get them to go away, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Coleman

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement