Sign in to follow this  

Need Help...PLEASE!!

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know a whole lot about computers, I am not even sure how I found these forums, and am just in search of help..so if you can help me, please, I would appreciate it. Ok, I just bought "The Sims 2" PC game and I know that it required DirectX 9.0c. I had 9.0b, so I installed the 9.0c version that came on the game. But, when I tried to run the game...here's the error message I got: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now close." What does that mean and what can I do to fix it!! PLEASE HELP!! ANYONE!!

Not sure...like I said, I don't know much about computers...

I just got a updated video card not too long ago. I had toget a new hard drive for my compter.
DirectX has worked on my PC before...but I just installed the 9.0c version. I previously had the 9.0b version.

Will I have to get a new video card?

Or what else can I do?

He probably just needs new card drivers.

Its probably either ATI or NVidia, it should be easy to read it of the box.

Go to google and
If its NVidia type in:
Detonator driver download

ot if its ATI:
Catalyst driver download

and find newest ones for ur OS.

It yould fix it, and if it doesn't it was still a very good thing to download.

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.