Need Help...PLEASE!!

Started by
9 comments, last by Muhammad Haggag 19 years, 7 months ago
I don't know a whole lot about computers, I am not even sure how I found these forums, and am just in search of help..so if you can help me, please, I would appreciate it. Ok, I just bought "The Sims 2" PC game and I know that it required DirectX 9.0c. I had 9.0b, so I installed the 9.0c version that came on the game. But, when I tried to run the game...here's the error message I got: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now close." What does that mean and what can I do to fix it!! PLEASE HELP!! ANYONE!!
Advertisement
hmm, it sounds like your graphics card doesn't support directX, what graphics card do you have?
Not sure...like I said, I don't know much about computers...

I just got a updated video card not too long ago. I had toget a new hard drive for my compter.
DirectX has worked on my PC before...but I just installed the 9.0c version. I previously had the 9.0b version.

Will I have to get a new video card?

Or what else can I do?
if the box for the video card doesn't say directx compatable, you might need a new video card that is directx compatable...
So I will have to take my computer to a shop and get a directx compatible video card installed??

How much will that cost?
if you install it yourself, probably about $100 to $200 for a pretty good one
As the error message said, you should update your drivers.

Assuming you have a legal copy, you should contact EA Support they're paid to help you with these problems.
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
He probably just needs new card drivers.

Its probably either ATI or NVidia, it should be easy to read it of the box.

Go to google and
If its NVidia type in:
Detonator driver download

ot if its ATI:
Catalyst driver download

and find newest ones for ur OS.

It yould fix it, and if it doesn't it was still a very good thing to download.
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!
I hope it's just a new driver that I need. I have no idea what kind of video card I have...I don't have the box. Is there anyway I can find out?
if u go to the device manager it should tell u what video card u have installed
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement