Sign in to follow this  

which is better i need to know,

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I want to get into making my own 3d games very soon, but i am having trouble finding a platform to work with. I did some research and came down to the two easiest programming platforms i could find. Dark Basic = $112.99 (700 page book and full version of DB) Blitz 3D = 99.99 (Just for the software) Has anyone tried both? Im not rich and I wanted to know which one would be better for me.

Unless you just want to make some games to mess around with, I'd recommend a C/C++ compiler with DirectX/OpenGL/SDL and a few good books. The only things you'll have to pay for are the books. They'll probably cost less and will do you a lot better in the long run if you're serious about making games.

Quote:
Original post by flip5577
Has anyone tried both? Im not rich and I wanted to know which one would be better for me.

Nobody else can tell you which one would be better for you.

Fortunately, both languages have demo versions available for download so you can compare them. You should also compare each site's resources, support and community sections, especially relating to the topic areas specific to your needs.

You might also want to look at BCX, which is a free BASIC to C translator (for Windows), which allows you to program in BASIC, then translate it to C and compile it.

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.