Sign in to follow this  

blending a texture with the back buffer

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i have a problem which i am not able to solve for a while. I am using the fixed function pipeline to render glows into the scene. For this, i have to render the scene whithout glows and then render the glows into a seperate texture. After bluring the glow texture, i add it to the scene. For blurring the glows, i add several glow textures in different blur intensities together. You can imagine that the color of the glow affinity to white color. That's because i add up the blurred textures. Is there i way to blend two textures togerther without distorting the color to white ? What doesn't work is to blend them with BLENDTEXTURALPHA or BLENDFACTORALPHA etc. because with that the glows are getting dark at the glow edges. That's because the glows fade to black at the edges and the background is fading in more at these edges. What gives the dark color the more the glow fades out. What can i do, to blend in the glow without getting dark edges and without getting white at the glow center ? regards, atem

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.