24 Track Recording

Started by
1 comment, last by paradoxnj 19 years, 7 months ago
I was thinking about setting my computer up for 24 track recording and offering my services to local bands. I own Cubase SX2 and a Tascam US2400. I have an MAudio Firewire Audiophile which i'm aware doesn't have 24 inputs. My question is does anyone know of an interface that has 24 or more inputs? The only one i've come across is the MOTU 24IO. It's a bit expensive though. [Edited by - paradoxnj on September 16, 2004 8:01:45 PM]
Anthony Rufrano
RealityFactory 2 Programmer
Advertisement
I don't think Firewire could handle 24 tracks simultaneously.

You will need PCI cards.

You could go with say 3 M-Audio Delta 1010 cards.

Alternatively you would need like you said a MOTU 24IO or go ProTools.

Perhaps you could consider a Foxtex 24 Track Digital Recorder and just dump to your HD for mixing.

Do you really need 24 tracks? Would you be recording live or tracking a max of 8 or 16 channels at any one time?

If you're recording bands, then do you have good acoustic setup in your room? Noise proofed??
Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com
I knew that Firewire couldn't handle it which is why I need something like the 24IO. ProTools is a little out of my price range. I will look into the Fostex though.

I have my studio in my basement which I use with my band. It's all setup optimally and noise proofed. It also has a control room that I built.
Anthony Rufrano
RealityFactory 2 Programmer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement