• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Packaging the product (Tetris clone)

This topic is 4905 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just completed a tetris clone of which I am very proud in C#, using managed DirectX for the sound only. Unfortunately I have no idea what assortment of runtime packages I need to provide in addition to my executable so that others can download and play my game. What packages do I need, and where can I find them? The game can be found at http://www.ezequal.com/chaos/#csharp [Edited by - 0xCHAOS on September 16, 2004 9:34:37 PM]

Advertisement
I still continue to get complaints that the program will not run, even after the runtime is installed. Do either the runtime or the .NET framework have additional dependencies that I must also include? I am suspecting that managed DirectX may still require regular directX to be installed underneath it first.

Quote:
Original post by 0xCHAOS
I am suspecting that managed DirectX may still require regular directX to be installed underneath it first.

You are suspecting correctly. Managed DirectX is just a wrapper for regular DirectX

Guess I wasn't clear enough although I wouldn't have expected saying "DirectX runtime" to be interpreted as "Managed DirectX runtime".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement