• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yuppies

3d Tiling

This topic is 4998 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can somebody explain or just gave me an idea on how to implement 3D tile? I ve tried rendering it but i came up with rendering a vertex more than once(shared vertex of every tile)

Advertisement
Hey,

The DX9 SDK has a good tutorial on vertex streaming formats. You should check out the D3D section on flexible vertex format and that should point you in the right direction. If you need more help then that go ahead and respond right back.

-Ken

if you use indexed vertex arrays, you can pass an array of vertices to openGL (thus the shared ones only need to be passed once, not multiple times), and then also send an array of indices to this array of vertices for rendering. i believe VBOs also work in this way, but i haven't played with them yet so i can't make any promises.

you should try to post this in the OpenGL forum, as that is more specific to your question. or maybe a moderator will move it for you :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!