Sign in to follow this  

A quick question about Game Developers

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The 'Post Mortems' on Gamasutra normally state the number of developers on a project.
Westwood list 25 full-time and 16 part-time for Tiberian Sun.
Rise Of Nations 26 and 16 and took 3 years.
Dungeon Siege 27 and 5 and took 3years 8 months.
AOE II 40 total.
Not sure if different genres have different numbers

Quote:
Original post by krez
you could always check out the credits of a game too :)

Good luck with that - you'd have to go through the list several times as credits are often categorised and many names occur several times. IMHO Gamasutra's post-mortems are more convinient.

Yeah, I tried looking at credits, but many people's names come up more that once, as already stated. Also, I don't know if they give credit to everyone. For example, the ending credits for super mario bros. had literally likee about 10 people (with shigeru showing up twice). So I don't know.

Quote:
Its an older game. More recent ones have more people, but back then nine people could make a game. That can't happen now that people demand better graphics, and better AI, and better physics, and a better story.

Heh, yeah I should have made a note of that. A game like Zelda: Ocarina of Time had the credits listed (though I don't know if they left people out) and there were about 30 people. Of course, they did work on it for 5 years.

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.