Sign in to follow this  

Visual Studio Express beta and windows.h

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got an OpenGL linux program that I'm trying to port to windows so I can make use of the better shader profiling tools available. I've installed the visual studio express beta, and the Nvidia SDK 8.0, but none of the binaries included in the NVSDK will run, because MSVCP71.dll doesn't exist (and indeed, it doesn't). Well, I assume that dll is inclded in Visual Studio 7, and isn't installed by default on windows systems because it should be redistributed with the application (which Nvidia didn't do, probably assuming their customers would have VS7). No problem, I'll just compile one of the examples myself... The problem there, is that windows.h can't be found, and that's because it doesn't exist. Is not including windows.h an oversight in the VSExpress installer, has it been replaced (if so, with what?), or does MS assume that windows.h will be available from an earlier VS install? Any ideas on how I should deal with this?

I'm pretty sure that Microsoft wanted to keep the Express downloads (relatively) small, so things like the Platform SDK (240MB) and DirectX SDK (100MB) had to be cut.

There's an article on MSDN about setting up the Platform SDK on VC Express.

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.