Visual Studio .NET 2003 project options

Started by
4 comments, last by Zbyl 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi I have a rather annoying problem with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (C++): after loading a project the first build I make is always a complete rebuild. I'd like it to be a normal build, but I've been browsing through the options and help for a long time, and I still don't have a clue what options I must change. I need help!
Advertisement
If you use a variable in one of the build commands, it has no choice but to build everything again in case it has changed. Additionally if you have something like a version control system that touches the files in the process of checking them in you can see this as well.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
I don't use version control and I'm positive nothing is touching my files but Visual Studio.
As for variables: I don't use any variables in my build (only stuff like OutDir or TargetPath), and what variable can change as an effect of reopening solution anyway?

I'm still clueless...
Try not using a variable in the out dir and target path. I seem to recall running into a similar situation.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
I know this is a stupid question, but are you changing anything in a header file? Sometimes a single small change in a key header file can trigger a rebuild...
---PS3dev
I'm not changing anything - just reopening the project.
I've also removed all macros like OutDir, IntDir etc. from the project options but it didn't help.
I've also copied all my files to a local computer - but it wasn't it either.

Any other thoughts?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement