Sign in to follow this  

Welcome ideas for a serious one week mobile project!!!

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is the deal: My friend and I just got this job from a guy who is interested in making games for Cell phones using J2ME. While learning that we have to com up with a demo for September 27 that shows what we can actually do and what we a re worth. We dont wanna create something that is too hard to programm, I was thinking on some Puzzle, is does not has to have too mandy screens and probably few animations, any ideas in what to create??

This guy asking you do do a phone game in a week is not by any chance a Spanish called Frank Martin?

--
Anyway, you're going to have to keep it simpile here are a few things *NOT* to do:

A Space shooter.
A Racing game.
A Platform game.

You cannot make any of these in less than 2 weeks when you know about J2ME.

Some suggestions:
Space invaders clone
Pacman clone
Word Search
Some sort of simple puzzle game
breakout clone.

Well, yeah is tough... and this is my one chance to be a Game Programmer, well actually.

Well, I was thinking and there are some things that I must NOT do:

- Use too many screens, for example an Adventure game is a No no.
- Write a background or a history, again, Adventure is a no no.
- Use too many animation sprites like moving backgrounds or very versatile characters, a racing or a fighting game are a no no.
- Use complex IA like a Chess game, NO.
- Use large databases, for example some wordgames like Textwist or Bookworm are a musn't.

Tha projects I have in mind now are as follows:
- An Arkanoid/Breakout kind of game (thanks for the idea!!).
- A "Solitario" table game clone (like the one from Monkey Dreams).
- Some card game like Poker, Blackjack or Freecell.

Well, I really think I will go for the Solitario game, since it has ZERO AI to implement.

your one chance? don't belive the hype..
unless your terminally ill and are going to die
in a week...

take your time, forget the guy who wants you to do
a demo in a week and you'll be better off

Quote:
Original post by VVoltz
Well, I really think I will go for the Solitario game, since it has ZERO AI to implement.

Yeah but the rules are more complicated than you think. Breakout style has zero AI if you make it only one player, and you can make the graphics good which is the only thing those cheap do me a game in one week A******ES care about.

But as mikiex says ignore the BS.

Man, I just got into this stuff, and I love it!
If you're familiar with java then it really can be done, even in the three days left now. I'd say go for a Sokoban clonish thing, just rip the levels from the original one, use the demo app found here: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1949.asp
Make some nice graphics (you just need few), and you'r done! You've got yourself a nice, addictive puzzle game. Perfect for phones. Just don't go for sound and other stuff, concentrate on 1 phone, and you're done!

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.