Sign in to follow this  

[web] MySql problem

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, recently MySql went berserk on me.. It says MySQL error : Too many connections. What are the possible cause of this error ?? I've check my PHP script to make sure I've close all of the connection using mysql_close() and everything seems just fine.. Could it be that somebody hack into my database ?? how to prevent this so that it won't happen again ?

Looking at the MySQL manual, it says this. How many connections does your host allow to the MySQL server? It's possible that it's a stupidly low amount and you need to get it upped. Another place to look is making sure you close all unused connections, but you say you've already done that so it's time to look elsewhere. It's doubtful that someone's trying to hack the database, but you never know. There's some PHP code on the link above to show a friendly error should you get this problem again, it's better than a horrible MySQL daemon error.

How often does the problem occur?

hmm.. how can we check how many connections are being made to MySQL ? my hosting service doesn't seem to provide one..
i just got this error this afternoon and i feel sorry for the ppl who played my game but couldn't save the score :(

judging that about 50 ppl in average come to my site daily, I don't think it's because there's a bottle neck at my site.
I've tested all my script on my own computer and they work fine..
has anyone ever experience this kinda problem with their MySQL ? and what do you do about it ?

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.