NeHe contest theme?

Started by
218 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 4 months ago
Well Jeff said “The contest: I need a theme, and a timeline.” Perhaps once again we can make a thread discussing it to give him an idea. As for a timeline, a few months works best for a person like myself who doesn’t have a large amount of spare time. Personally I think a “beauty of nature” contest would be great. Some of the coolest entries in the past looked so great be cause the featured great effects mimicking nature. Another idea (I saw this in one the past contest threads) is a good and evil, a yin and yang theme. Post your ideas and opinions.
Advertisement
I think a short deadline is best.
One suggestion is "Halloween 2K4", Timeline, till the end of the year, it really doesn't matter if halloween has long since passed, it's such a hollow holliday anyway.

Another Apocalypse could be nice to.
I like the Hallowen idea :)
I think that we should do a contest on on realism. we could have the contestants try to make th most amazing and realistic demo. It could be graded by te physics, lighting, motion, and the models. also it would be colorful, and have a lot of eye
candy
What about the most "physically" impressive demo/interactive demo/game? The entry with the coolest portrayal of some kind of physics used commonly in gaming would win. Displaying magnetic properties is usually pretty cool, and showing thousands, if not millions of little balls bouncing around in a closed box would be neat. Imagine hundreds of ragdolls being shot out of cannons at each other!
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
Now that I have the skill to participate I would like another creative contest.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
How about DREAM'S for the theme??? just an idea
how bout doing something completely different...instead of realistic and physically accurate...how bout having a non-photorealistic demo contest...maybe see who can come up with the most impressive demo that way....maybe not completely abstract but not shooting for realism either...i think this would work well with the halloween idea as i think it provides a nice backdrop for creating a sort of twisted/dark/dreamworld type of demo that is actually quite different then a lot of demos that strive for realism and accurately mimicing nature....

hmm reading this over i also kinda like the theme "dreamworld" leaves a lot open to the imagination...can be taken both ways...either some perfectly beautiful natural world in someones dream...or something a bit more twisted
damn beat me to it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement