SDL problems

Started by
7 comments, last by jakpandora 19 years, 7 months ago
I compiled my first sdl program and got the following run-time error: "the procedure entry point SDL_SetModuleHandle could not be located in the dynamic link library sdl.dll" any help? thanks! [Edited by - jakpandora on September 18, 2004 1:00:20 PM]
______________________________My website: Quest Networks
Advertisement
if I recall, that is used in the replacement WinMain. so that would point in the SDL_main stuff. (linking with the libSDLmain.a?)

btw, the thread title should probably be changed to SDL problems [8^)

ok, I had no idea what that meant. the tutorial im using(cone3d) doesnt really explain what any of that stuff was. I just cut and pasted the exact code he had. could that possibly be explained in a simpiler way?
yep, there are things that need to be added to the project besides the code. I believe there is a zipped file with the whole project on the site:

yep
http://cone3d.gamedev.net/files/sdlgfx/sdlDevCPP-1.2.4.zip

I say start there, then begin changing things.

NeHe also has a "SDL basecode" you can start with, doing all the tedious stuff for you.
the dev C++ pack was actually what i downloaded. I added everything to the project that the tutorial said to. any idea whats wrong? also, I didnt anything on the nehe site about an SDL codebase. perhaps I missed it.
That is a fairly old version of SDL, the current stable is 1.2.7. Try this link:
from libSDL.org

NeHe SDL basecode
I downloaded the latest version. however, the nehe site you pointed out apparently doesnt exist. ill just work with what I have. thanks.
Quote:Original post by jakpandora
I downloaded the latest version. however, the nehe site you pointed out apparently doesnt exist. ill just work with what I have. thanks.

No, nehe just doesnt allow hotlinking, you have to copy and paste the url.
oh, ok. thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement