• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

MAKEINTRESOURCE trouble

This topic is 4908 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This also qualifies as a directX problem, but I think it boils down to a MAKEINTRESOURCE problem, so here it is here as well : Real simple, all its supposed to do is load a .bmp file from a resource. Assume the resources are attached correctly. :P IDirect3DTexture8 *pTemp = 0; D3DXCreateTextureFromResourceA(pDevice, NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BITMAP1), &pTemp); This fails, the error saying D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA, which tells me absolutely nothing. (error number -2005529767) The device is there, and it is ok. Im suspicious about the NULL. MAKEINTRESOURCE is the culprit I think. pTemp is ok I think. resource.h is attached to the c++ file where these statements occur. Ive looked at the MAKEINTRESOURCE macro, which leads to this define: #define MAKEINTRESOURCEA(i) (LPSTR)((DWORD)((WORD)(i))) Whats going on here? Whatever you send MAKEINTRESOURCE gets converted into a WORD, then a DWORD, then a LPSTR? Why? confused Jason

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement