• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Yamian

I don't want a console window!!!

This topic is 4996 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I make it so my SDL applications don't use the console window when working with Dev-C++ 5. I tried the "DO not create console window" thing but it's still there.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by White Scorpion
#pragma is MS-specific.
No, it isn't. It's merely compiler-dependent. GCC has its own #pragmas.

But wouldn't making it a windows application in Dev-C++ make so it only works with windows??? I used that one and there's not a console window but I'm not sure it'll work with other OS's. I'm fine with it being Windows only though.

Worst-case scenario, do a conditional compile to switch between WinMain for Windows targets and main for others. Writing portable code is a bitch; very often it actually requires writing separate code for various platforms and including a mechanism for automatic selection.

Look on the bright side. It used to be that you had to write different code for different compilers to maximize performance - on the same platform!

you don't need to change Winmain or main, SDL do that for you, if you use SDL, you don't need to change a bit of code(well you'll have to tweak a few things) only the way you compile it on each target platform, i.e. linker and compiler options.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!