I don't want a console window!!!

Started by
15 comments, last by Yamian 19 years, 7 months ago
Okay, well I compiled this in Dev_C++ as a windows application so there would be no console window. If you have a Mac or Linux, test it please. http://home.comcast.net/~joobot/sdlcrossplatformtest.zip
Advertisement
you have to compile the code in each target platform, cross platform in SDL doesn't work as in java (compile once, run everywhere) rather you have the same code for different target platform, i.e. you make a different executable file for each platform.
Oh okay. But would I need those platforms to do so or can I get some windows software that allows me to compile for Linux or Mac
im not sure, but google for "cross compiler".I know mingw produce windows executable on linux(i tested it and it's pretty neat) don't know of a compiler for windows that produce linux code(cygwin maybe,im just guessing). Anyway i prefer installing linux on a small partition, so you can code and test with linux. I don't know how you would be dealing with mac :P
Some Microsoft vendor used to offer a Mac cross compiler for Visual Studio. I have no idea what it's current status is.
Quote:Original post by YamianI tried the "DO not create console window" thing but it's still there.

If this is Yes then it should not create the console window. Are you sure it is set to Yes?
Yes, I selected Yes. I really don't care if it's windows only though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement