Sign in to follow this  

Starting Managed DirectX

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to try out managed directx with c#, but like always, I'm having a world of trouble getting anything to work at all. I cant figure out where the Microsoft.DirectX package is. I load the samples from the SDK, and none compile, and when I attempt to locate it under the "Add Refrence..." dialog, I cant find it. Where is it, or what do I do?

Ya you need VS.net 2003 and if you start from an empty Form1, you need to add the REferences.

To add references, open Solution explorer. Right click on References folder(pop up menu (add references)). If sdk is correctly istalled you should see all Dx ref. Start with

Microsoft. directx
Microsoftdirectx.Direct3d
Microsoft.Directx.Direct3dx

then at the top on your cs file dont forget to add the using statement

usually for direct3d i use it like this:

using d3d = Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D;

I'm using Visual Studio 2002 fine

The files for Referencing in a project are located in:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Managed DirectX

or somewhere around there. Reference those puppies in and should work a treat!

Are you sure you installed the managed portion of the SDK? It installs the unmanaged portion first, then it should install the managed stuff automatically. Go to the DX control panel to see...

Did you download the 2004 update, if so this installs the managed portion, but I had problems with the 2003 update a I think, and had to get another download to install the managed portion. I think the 9b install installes correctly from memory, but you had to run the MSI manually to get it installed.

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.