Synchro, my free 3d plataformer (NEW VERSION!)

Started by
38 comments, last by Killua 19 years, 6 months ago

@RichardS: Its 800x600 fullscreen, that's the problem. This game it's far from finished and one of the last thing in my list was options ( its the only way to actually finish a project, I'm sure some of you understand me). I'll post a version with windowed mode suport soon but the resolution is fixed at 800x600 because I'm a careless programer and adding that option would be problematic(tiresome mainly :P)

Thanks everybody and please check my other game Sketch Wars, it's funnier than this one, albeit a bit uglier. I made a post of it in this same board.
Advertisement
This is a fun game, but after playing the first level over and over again, it started going slow, and then it quit on me (I think it may be because I had programs running in the background). Grrr... and I almost had a perfect score! Also, when it slows down, the blocks move at the regular speed, and you move slow... or was it the other way around? Anyways, it threw my timing off.

Edit: I checked, and when it slows down, you hang in midair, and the blocks change color at the regular speed.

Edit2: I got a perfect score on both Ice Cage and Into The Darkness. But, the reason I am adding this is to tell you that the game tried to access a NULL pointer. "Tried to reference memory at 0x00000000" or whatever it says.

[Edited by - Nathaniel Hammen on September 22, 2004 12:33:19 AM]
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
Um... I can't play this. No shadow, and the camera angle makes it really hard to land on blocks. I have once managed to jump from one block to another. I also (fairly frequently) get "stuck" inside a block - I can't see myself, but I can move around. However, I get stuck inside objects - it's as if I've fallen into the block.
The gamma is also way-high on my system.
Specs:
-Pentium 4 2.4GHz
-RAM: 512MB
-Graphics: ATi Radeon 9000 (64MB).
It took me ages to find the keys - jump is z, right?
Well done though, I'm just bitter because I suck at the game [sad]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Hey, keys are listed on the download page, and there are instructions on how to play the game there too! But I think some people just don't get the feel of the controls, it's a love it or hate it thing. I like that :D.

The get-stuck-inside-cubes bug is a known bug but I don't know how to solve that. Just try not to collide with cube borders.

There is a shadow! Just start a level, don't move and look below synchro, that grey circle is the shadow. I can't test on all systems so I don't know if it disapears, I have a radeon too and it shows correctly.

Later today I'll post and updated version with a new level(teh training level!!) and windowed support.

Have fun!

[edit] typos
Very cool.

I saw the shadow but I can understand the people that didn't. The camera should be a bit higher so we look down into the action, because the shadow is not on screen 90% of the time.

shmoove
I could easily see the shadow on every level except for Into The Darkness. I never saw a shadow on those transperent-ish blocks.

Edit: I now have a perfect score on Rainbow Snake. I would like to say, that those spinning block on that level sometimes get in the way of the camera, and it can be annoying. Also, it says that you get a perfect score if you do one combo that hits every block, even if you don't land on the finish. This should be changed. Also on Autum (did you mispell on purpose?) Road, it is impossible to get a perfect score. I think that you should make it so that the white peices don't count for or against combos.

[Edited by - Nathaniel Hammen on September 22, 2004 2:24:43 PM]
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
Hey great feedback, some of you are geting really good at this game (but no one have a perfect in Circle yet :D ).
The mispell is not on purpose, I'm from spain and my english is far from perfect :P, but I have a dictionary so no excuses.
Perfect combos are impossible on some levels but that is on purpose. This is still a prototype of a game and in every level I wanted to try diferent things. On next version I'll change perfect to be the perfect score (no necessarily a perfect combo).

Have fun!
Excellent Game.
It's hard yes, hard like Pacman, or Defender.
If it was'nt so much damn fun, I would'nt still be playing it!

Remindes me of those early polygonal Amiga games I was so fond of.
Bug: Sometimes the level will start, and the music plays at double speed. Everything else works fine though.
I want more levels to play!!

Good work and good luck, I hope this gets you somewhere.

I like it better now. "

F2" seems to be a good camera height.

The character looks allot better when the level reflection is toggled down.

I was able to see where I was going to jump better, but the controls are still killer. Are the controls and the actual movement framerate independant, or is the framerate capped?

When I jump, and I press the back key to try and not jump all the way over something, I land backwards. Is this intentional, so you can combo jump backwards?

Anyways... I like it, I even had someone else download it who was looking for something to do.. However, I'm still fighting the controls more than trying to beat the level. :)
Great game! Some hints on polishing it a little:

1) Sound effects! Make the little guy scream when he falls down and
let him say 'Jippieee!' or something (3 or 4 different variants)
when he jumps. This will add a lot of atmosphere.

2) Add some particle effects at his feet - this would be neat, too.

3) Include gamepad controls [smile]

4) See 3) [wink]

Very good work!

Pat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement