Sign in to follow this  
hpolloni

visual assist replacement?

Greetings I don't know if this is the right forum for this, anyway, i'm using MSVC 6.0 and i want to know if there is a free visual assist replacement, i downloaded the trial and it's great, but U$99 seems a little expensive, hope you can help me with this. Thx

I’m in the same boat you are, I loved having visual assist X it was great it speed up my coding so much but when it expired I went on a mad hunt for a free version, came up empty handed :(

In the end I just saved my pennies and paid for it, it hurt spending that much money on a syntax highlighter but i was lost with out it.
link: http://www.wholetomato.com/

Intellisense in VC .NET is marginally better. The $99 price tag for Visual Assist is a drop in the bucket compared with how much time and effort is saved in your day to day programming. This is probably one of the most valuable tools I've used other than gVIM. Anywho...save your allowances, weekly paychecks, don't buy the next new video game that comes out, and you'll own Visual Assist in no time and as far as I know there is no "free" intellisense tool out there. You can always code your own....

I found it to be garbage anyway I spent more time wondering why variables changed to close but not quite right values that it would've taken to type them in the first place. (BUFSIZ instead of the local variable buf is the worst of about 200 of them) Not to mention what happens in managed c++ or c# which they claim to support. I would never pay for that POS chunk of software.