C/C++ IDE for MacOSX

Started by
5 comments, last by daviangel 19 years, 7 months ago
Anyone can recommened anything ?
http://www.phusnikn.net
Advertisement
Why not use the IDEs it comes with? It comes with Project Builder and XCode, that's what I use on my Mac
You have several options:

XCode: comes with Apple's free developer tools package. It's actually a very good IDE. None of the linux IDEs I've tried really stand up to it (anjunta and kdevelop). It's not quite up to the level of Visual Studio, but it's close, and is, again, free.

Codewarrior: costs cash, I recall it being a good IDE, but I haven't used it in years. Also exists for windows/embedded systems, and produces much faster PPC code than gcc 3.x

Anjuta & KDevelop: You can run either of these if you install X11, but neither is nearly as powerful as xcode. Anjunta really doesn't make managing the build system easy, while kdevelop is a nightmarish mish-mash of a lot of buttons with far too little order (read some HCI guidelines!).
yeah I use xcode 1.5 on my powerbook if I need and ide most of the time I just use the good old terminal line tho.
Another reason I use xcode for my ide is that it comes with a lot of templates that make it very easy to get a gui up an running really quick like an opengl sdl app or an allegro application.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Eclipse + the Eclipse CDT is also an option...but you're better off using Xcode.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Roboguy
Why not use the IDEs it comes with? It comes with Project Builder and XCode, that's what I use on my Mac

Silly question how do I start xcode ?
I installed the package.
http://www.phusnikn.net
look in developer/apps folder
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement