xfile loading/parsing tutorials

Started by
22 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 4 months ago
I've noticed a lot of questions regarding xfiles and how to manually load them in. So I took the liberty of writing 2 tutorials about it. One loads xfiles and displays it, the other manually parses the xfile and loads the mesh information in. Tutorials can be found in my sig, and look forward to more mesh related topics...
[size=2]aliak.net
Advertisement
This is a very good idea. Back when i first started out, I looked all around for a tut like this. Btw, love that scene graph tutorial.
thanks. Couldnt have done it though without the community here and the various books people have written :)
[size=2]aliak.net
Excellent, excellent, excellent! Finally someone has done something about it.
Temporarily sticked until I put this stuff in the FAQ. (I know I've not updated it in a long time - I apologize)

Great stuff! Just what iv'e been looking for with DirectX9.
Thanks a lot-;)
Alf, I haven't seen you in ages on MSN, but you should submit these tutorials to GDNet aswell, and have them end up on the frontpage. People will see them quicker than.

Toolmaker

Quote:Original post by Toolmaker
Alf, I haven't seen you in ages on MSN, but you should submit these tutorials to GDNet aswell, and have them end up on the frontpage. People will see them quicker than.

That's becuase I don't sign in too much. But anyway, it's easier and quicker to just stick the tutorials up on my site. And besides I have a whole collection now, so one tutorial outside wouldn't really make sense.

[size=2]aliak.net
Cool stuff, love it ..
www.pokersniffer.org
great tutorial!
the document in the sdk help is just not enough to explain how this works!
are you going to update the tutorial with the new ID3DXFile interface in dx9?
Quote:Original post by clip
are you going to update the tutorial with the new ID3DXFile interface in dx9?

That's what they used from the start!
[size=2]aliak.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement