link library

Started by
13 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Quak
and it is a win32 app.

not if it's complaining about "unresolved symbol _main"

make sure in your linker properties that subsystem is set to windows, not console.

-me
Advertisement
Shame on me you were right ;(
But there is still this error:
Linking...
blackbox.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreateEx@16
Release/freakout.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

any idea?
Try manually adding the required lib file to your project as you would a cpp or header file. It will automatically be linked into your game and at least this way you can be sure the lib file you are using is the one you want.
try:

#pragma comment(lib, "C:/PATH_TO_THE_LIB/ddraw.lib")

of course the best thing is to just put the lib into you "lib" folder, i think directX is always backwards compatible so you only stand to gain from that.
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.
Looks like youre going thru tricks of the game programming gurus by the look of the files...

Just follow his example, check your code if you typed it in manually and follow his instructions for setting up vc++ in the appendix.

Which btw is an awesome book, excellent choice!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement