Booleans, unions, subtractions and all the rest

Started by
1 comment, last by MichaelNolan 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi, Does anyone know how to split apart a mesh until it reaches the primities it was made of?
Mike
Advertisement
I can't quite make myself understand what the heck you're specifically asking in this question.

You talk about boolean operations (on a mesh I presume) in your topic but then start talking splitting "a mesh"?

Maybe it's just the lack of sleep, but the way my brain is only iterating over this is:

mesh -> primitives
= mesh -> triangles -> verticies
= depends on how mesh is stored/implemented

Console:make -k all g++     question.cc   -o resultccSsEyHL.o(.text+0x1f):main.cc: undefined reference to `_question_about_boolean_mesh_operations@16'ccSsEyHL.o(.text+0x24):main.cc: undefined reference to `_mesh_implementation_details@8'collect2: ld returned 1 exit statusmake: *** [main] Error 1make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Sorry,

I haven't had much sleep. lol. Anyway, i was looking a the mesh of a shop which was essentially a box with 2 boxes subtracted from it to form an inside and a door. When the likes of 3DSMax exports this mesh to ascii format all 3 boxes are looked upon as 1 single mesh but i wanted to slip apart that mesh back into those 3 boxes.

Sorry again for bad spelling of anything,
Mike
Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement