Bored programmer seeks simple game idea

Started by
36 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 6 months ago
Ok, I need a new game project, except all my game design ideas are pretty ambitious and I want something simpler. By simple, I mean more complex than your Tetrises and Pacmans but which is still easily achievable by a one-man 'team'. Anybody got any interesting ideas that they wouldn't mind seeing someone else implement, and which can be succinctly summed up in no more than a paragraph? (Please leave egos at the door. :) )
Advertisement
Make a multiplayer fun game, like Monopoly or Risk.
An overhead 2D tank "sim", like the old NES Iron Tank.
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke
Ye Olde Gravity Tank Game [see scorched earth]
Merchantman-era naval combat, around the end of the 1700s. Wooden ships, iron balls, Horatio Hornblower, all that. Use the changing wind and rolling seas to gain a tactical advantage over your opponent. It's a premise that I'll probably be implementing myself in a month or so, but I wouldn't mind seeing another one out there (and it's a genre with a huge amount of room for customization).
POOL!, everyone loves a good 3D pool game :);)
Ciro Durán :: My site :: gamedev.net :: AGS Forums
How about a version of snake where the snake can move 360 degrees, instead of just four directions? Then you can throw in the occaisional powerup, which can make the snake faster, slower, bigger, smaller, or one that reverses the controls. Throwing in some obstacles, some stationary, some moving, would be neat too.
Massively Multiplayer Online Pong
I like Sneftel's idea, it sounds interesting.

Other than that, a remake of a long lost Amiga classic such as Gravity Power or Skidmarks couldn't be a bad plan.
Jump Tron
Just like classic Tron game with the exception that you can jump one trackwidth.

Ummm..... other than that how about MMO Pong? (dang it, I was beaten to the punch.)
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement