[web] Recommend some forum software?

Started by
1 comment, last by Spintwo 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I need to intergrate a forum into an existing web site. Normally I would use PhpBB, but I need to use the existing sites username/password system (which runs through PHP sessions) to autologin to the forum (so people can only post as themselves, this is important). I have written small mods for PhpBB in the past so my original thought was just to hack in an autologin system, but after spending two hours tracing through the code I am still no where near figuring out where to start. Also, I dont really need all the stuff that PhpBB does (in fact I really DONT want private messaging, post counts, ranks, avatars or smilies). Could anyone recommend some forum software that I can easily adapt to my existing user/pass system? Or could someone point me in the right direction of hacking PhpBB to do this? Thanks for your time, Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
Advertisement
InvisionBoard........ Company using it. It's easy to setup, manage, and offers a nicely modifiable skin system.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Mmmmm....free

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement