[web] Domain Name

Started by
15 comments, last by Spintwo 19 years, 7 months ago
Help me think up a domain name, por favor. The site is going to be mainly hosting for projects I am working on, misc items, probably a dev blog as well. Some personal stuff. I have wanted to get a top level domain for a while, just never knew what to get. Any ideas? I want to keep "The Reindeer Effect" out of it, mainly because I will probably have RL friends that view it and I don't go by this alias anywhere but here. So far I was thinking www.objectbigot.com, a term I am in the process of stealing from Martin Fowler. However, that might confuse people into thinking I truly am a bigot. Can't have that happening.
Advertisement
www.thereindeereffect.com
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Since .com is taken, .name is always a good second choice. I thus submit for your approval: THEREINDEEREFFECT.NAME
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Quote:
I want to keep "The Reindeer Effect" out of it.

Lethalhamster: www.thereindeereffect.com
Extrarius: THEREINDEEREFFECT.NAME
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
People seem to forget that other forums exist in the GDNet universe, including the Web Development forum. But, I would recommend growing up and using your real name.... Like moi ;-).
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I use ontheheap.net as my domain, and this is the only place I use that pseudonym. But anyways...

some ideas
----------

www.teheffect.org // I like this one ;)
www.domanenaim.net // ok, this one sucks
www.objec-t-ec.net // kinda neat

-heap

just use firstname.com or firstname+firstletteroflastname (like me: http://andreib.com)
Rate me up.
Quote:Original post by ontheheap
I use ontheheap.net as my domain, and this is the only place I use that pseudonym. But anyways...

I shall compliment you on the web design. I compliment you on the web design.
My real name is taken.
How about just your last name? Then you can give your family members Joey@Blankly.com and things like that. Or first initial, etc etc etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement