extending the Information box in WinXP Explorer?

Started by
1 comment, last by Oluseyi 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi! I'm still working on my shell extension. I want to add image information in the Information box in the left, on web view, in windows xp explorer. I thought it was called a ToolTip so I overloaded IQueryInfo, but that's the yellow tooltip that shows when you hover your mouse over a file. So now I have 2 questions: 1) What's the interface for that Information box? Or at least a name, sine ToolTip is something else =/ 2) Is there a list of different info's, that works with localization (ie it translates "size" to whatever language your winxp is)? Thx! /JP
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Advertisement
Here's a pick to demonstrate what I mean:

I have the actual thumbnail working for PCX and TGA files. But I want to supply "Measure" (Mått), "Size" (Storlek), "Last changed" (Senast ändrad). Crash course in swedish :P So that's why I'm guessing that there's some standard names that works with localization. Last changed and Size seem to be supplied as default, but in reversed order compared to say GIF files.

Does anyone know how to extend that info box?
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Advanced Shell Techniques
IDeskBand::GetBandInfo

That's all I've got.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement