• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SquareDanceSteve

Multiple Texture Coords?

This topic is 5110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How would i set up multiple texture coordinate system? I have a terrain with a low detail map and i want to apply a repeating detail map, how? how would i load the multiple texture coords into the vertex buffer?

Advertisement
If I understood your question, you can add another pair of uv coordinates, like:

struct MY_VERTEX
{
vector3 pos;
vector3 normal;
vector2 uv0, uv1;
};

And then use the follwing FVF: (D3DFVF_XYZ|D3DFVF_NORMAL|D3DFVF_TEX0|D3DFVF_TEX1).

But what I would do is to use vertex shaders copying the first stage coordinates to the oT0 and oT1 registers, unless you wish to use diferent values for the both textures.

Well i am doing multipass rendering, i cant figure out how to load my vertex buffer with 2 sets of uv coords

i see the option to select which set of uv coords but i odnt know how to load em

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!