Sign in to follow this  
Subconscious

C# + DirectX question

Is there any way to display modeless forms on top of DirectX at full screen using C#? I have the modeless dialog setup and working fine in windowed mode, but in full screen mode even when I set the application window TopMost to false, and the dialog window TopMost to true, directX keeps drawing over the dialog even though the dialog functionality is there. Any ideas? Is it even possible? Edit: Also, even when I create a modeless dialog, when I drag the dialog, the main application freezes while the dialog is being moved... is there any way around this?

If there is such a sample, I can't find it looking through the 2004 SDK sample browser.

Anyway, I just discovered Device.SetDialogBoxesEnabled() which does exactly what I want... the only problem is that it makes some funny edges around the screen and cuts the frame rate in half and still freezes while moving the dialog. Also, it takes the frame rate to about 20 if the dialog isn't 100% opacity.

Basically it's pretty worthless so I'm just going to start from scratch and make my own GUI with basic dialog functionality.