SMS ???

Started by
5 comments, last by ontheheap 19 years, 7 months ago
has anybody tried this? , like them websites that let u send SMS msgs to cell fones ???
Advertisement
A long time ago (4+ years) I used to have program to send SMS by connecting to mobile operator SMS server and sending it trough some wierd port. But after they found out people were abusing that for flooding and other not-so-nice things they blocked it. Not to mention you could do stuff like enter any source phone number, so you could send fake SMSes.

There still is a program called SmartSMS or something like that, that lets you send SMS trough different ways, even trough directly connecting to SMS server via analog modem :). To bad most of them have disabled this 'feature'.

Well, if someone has some code to send SMS trough some free webservice I would also really like to see it.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
yer would be quite interesting to look into it
A friend of mine did that for his 3rd year Computer Science project. His system could send you an SMS when certain events happened. I belive it was a PHP script, and you sent some information to the SMS operator, and you were changed 12p per text. It wasn't free, and it was apparently a pain to set up.

Let me know if you want info about it, and I'll try to contact him.
I've done a project some time ago for university (with two others). We'd connect to a cellphone through the serial port and receive/send SMS messages via the phone. The phone would receive an SMS, the computer would download and analyze it and send a new SMS to someone else depending on the contents.

I haven't done the connectivity part, but it's not too dificult. You should be able to find libraries to communicate through the comport, and a reference chart what commands to send to the phone. It's like 'talking' to a modem actually... 'AT+CMGF=0'

What I've done is encoding and decoding the SMS messages. Here's the page I used as reference. They're stored in PDU format. You can do a lot of interesting things like fake the senders number (since that's part of the message...)

I won't be able to show you the sources though, since it was done on behalf of a company, they wanted to relay service orders this way. The customer would send his incidents (in some number coded form) to a fixed number and the system would then re-send the order to whatever technician was currently available.
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
hmm its still over my head , but its starting to get quite interesting , I dunno the first thing about communicating with the modem , but I've seen some apps use the modem or just the net connection , I wonder how this is actually done? , if anyone can find more info that'd be awesome
This site has a PHP script/program/whatever that does it.

Edit: fixed clicky ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement