Sign in to follow this  
ArnoAtWork

lib3ds

I am currently using lib3ds to a viewer. I seems that vertices, in 3ds file, are always in world. So to transform vertices from world to local, or you given transformation matrix to apply inverse of it, or you uses the first keyframe of track to use translation, rotation, scale(what I do). For a lot of files, it seems to work like that. However, I've a file that do not works. Even if I draw vertices directly(using world position with identity matrix), the mesh is broken. So, probably I make a mistake of the 3ds understanding. Does vertices are always in world? Does lib3ds is safe? Thanks.

Does this also happen to the mesh if it's static? If it does, could you send me a copy?

I had similar problems, but I've fixed them in my loader. However, the loader only loads static meshes at the moment.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to try the mesh in my loader first, and see if it loads correctly. If it does, then I'll explain the problem and the solution to you. I'd rather check if the solution I have actually is a solution, before I give you useless answers.

Ok.

If you still need help, please email me the mesh (rick_appleton at hotmail com). I'm currently also working with someone else who is having problems loading his mesh.

My 3ds-loader already loads more models than most of the tutorial loaders out there on the web, and after I've sorted out the problems with his mesh, I think I might be able to load all models.

Cheers,
Rick