hi,How can I make my program autorun on any time that I want?

Started by
3 comments, last by Imbesile 19 years, 7 months ago
Thank everybody, and I know that can be realize by modify the AUTOEXEC.BAT,The program will autorun when system is start. Is there any other method can reach this?Can it autorun at time I prefer? thanks for all you guys!
Advertisement
There are probably windows commands to do this, but since i'm not sure the only other way I can think of doing this is adding some code at the beggining of your program that quits if its the 'wrong time' to run.

Like I said there is bound to be a better way though.

-J
What's 'time' to you?

If time is a set time for example December 25th at 6 o'clock when it's snowing: make a base app that runs each time Windows starts (using the registry is a better way than the autoexec.bat), and it will check if right now, is, your 'time'. Of course the base app would then start the new app if that was true.

Tip: make sure base app doesn't cost too much performance.
If you want your program to run at a specific time you should write another program that runs at startup and is invisible (maybe just shown on the taskbar). That program would monitor the time and then when it was time for your program to run it would start it up. Or use windows scheduler. I think that works too. (Add scheduled task in c:\windows\tasks\).
-Greg
If is a windows app you could just setup a scheduler entry to fire the program off. The scheduler, in xp, can be setup recurringly...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement