Our SDL Game

Started by
9 comments, last by Grellin 19 years, 7 months ago
My classmates and I are making a historically accurate WWII Flying Game using SDL as our renderer and our teacher wants us to get some outside critiques of how it looks graphically, here is a screenshot of it. The ScreenShot
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Advertisement
The link is broken, you need to put http:// in front of it.

I am not quite sure how you're going to be able to make it historically accurate. The planes for example are a little bit too small to be identifiable. (Actually, I can't think of any WWII planes with a wing and fuselage shaped like that... google for some pictures of something well-known like the Spitfire or P-51 Mustang. the wings on both are fairly distinctive even in a small pic like that). I suppose you could set up the units like some historic battle...

Also, I'd suggest you put more dots near the edges of the sand bitmap. Right now you can see kind of a border on the left and right where it's just plain yellow. That makes the tiling a lot more visible.
...and pleeease dont use .bmp!
convert it to jpeg or png [smile]
I'm getting an error page from Yahoo :( (Exceeded your bandwidth.) Did anyone manage to cache the file before it went down?

Ryan
--Visit the Game Programming Wiki!
just send me the pictar via email (see profile).
i'll host it if you like...

It'll probably be fine hosted on Geocities if converted to a jpg 1/100th the size of the bmp. :)
it seems like you have some sorting issues. unless of course that bush is flying over your plane [smile]
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
with all respect, here's the revealed screenshot:

a sidenote:
screenshot size: 800x600
bmp := 1.440.054
png := 13.064
please think of all the poor 56k modem users!
Like me[sad]
Ok! Right, my opinion is that graphically it looks fine. The most important thing is that you have a decent amount of contrast and the important things stand out from the background. You might want to draw a shadow a small distance below the planes to give them the illusion of height.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement