Morning's Wrath: Final approval for Morning's Armor(updated:10/4/2004)

Started by
50 comments, last by Roboguy 19 years, 6 months ago
Greetings everyone =) I would like to get some feedback on our final design for our main character's armor. Please post your feedback here=) newest one: new one: Old one: Older one: Thanks for your time, [Edited by - EDI on October 4, 2004 2:31:43 AM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
I'm terrible with describing my perceptions, and I'm not very color coordinated (I only wear brown, grey and navy blue).

That said, maybe it's just me, but her armor seems a little too much like the color of her hair (which really dominates the model). It's as if the colors wash into each other, which may very well be the look you're going for.

In any event, nice work.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
yup, thats a good point,

it's been brought to my attention before, so we might go with silver armor instead, but for the moment we are gonna stick with the gold.

thanks for the input=)

Anyone else?

Her armour looks great, I really like it. Something that instantly jumped out at me though, are her breasts.

I know, I know, what am I doing checking out her breasts? I couldn't help it, it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Her breasts are way too sagged for her age and her endowment. She's not a very "big" girl, but the base of her breasts are almost touching her elbows. It doesn't look very good at all.

To illustrate the point, I did a quick google for "girl picture" or something like that, and came up with this comparison for you:

So they have to come up a bit, or stretch out her arms and midriff.

If you don't want comments on her physique, then I must say that I definitely like the armour. Gold armour embodies a sense of holiness and purity, which I'm not sure clashes with your plot ("Morning's Wrath", sounds violent =P).

If she's a good character, then it definitely works.

I like the right one better, but not the hottest girls i've seen...

As for the armor I think the colours in the character look too homogenuous, but the model looks good to me, sometimes what looks good on real life does not on a screen, proportions have to be diferent.

Hehe, thanks Grozzler,

at the moment the 'porportions' are model default, i can assure you that her breasts arn't sagging though =), it is possible that the armor lines are just tricking your eyes, the breastplate extends rather low.

Hmm, colors, lots of people seem to be giving me the 'too much gold' feedback, not sure if that is good or bad.

Her armor is very special, so that is why it is gold, and the title,

Morning's Wrath, means violence, but the main character is good, and in such a way it shows that Violence is not always bad, and at times is the only answer.

Given that she is a princess I decided to use gold as the dominating colors, however, given that she is also a blonde I am not sure that it's good, given low contrast.

I am open to sugestions for other color schemes, if anyone wants to throw some out =)... please? =)

That was me above.

God damned forumns, need to fix the auto login thing for mozilla =/

Anyway=D
more feedback please, i'm still on the fence :-)

Fun character design..... but what warrior in their right mind would wear armor that left their abdomen exposed? That's a death wish right there.
I like it! She looks fairly stilted, but I'm sure that's because she's in the skinning pose, and just needs to relax a bit in the animations. In my opinion, animation is even more overlooked than sound in many games, and GREAT animation can make things seem much more natural.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Too much gold :D
She can look good without being solid gold. How about leather for the boots and skirt and silver instead of gold for the breastplate and leggings, would be a nice balanced color and contrast a bit with her golden blonde hair instead of blending with it as it is right now.

I also can't help thinking that MW would be a much better game if her boobs were a bit bigger like Lara's... I mean just look at what they did for the sales of Tombraider, obviously boob size affects gameplay somehow ;)
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement