importin a mesh

Started by
1 comment, last by davidx9 19 years, 6 months ago
I at all, finally i've load a low mesh inside my direct3d project. I want understand two thing: 1)If i add in the scene i export in .x one or more lights, how can i load it inside the project? 2)If i make my character and i load it inside the game, then i make my 3d world with 3dsmax, now i load it inside the game too. So i have the character and the world. (Excluding for the moment the animation) how can i detect the collisions? Can you show some simplest and good tutorial about? Tnx
Advertisement
none?
If you felt that creating the whole word in 3ds max is the best, then create an entity in 3ds and when you parse the .x file, each entity can represent a light.

You are going to have to parse the data anyway if you want collision detection of some accuracy. You will need to create a BSP tree of the entire level (or some other well defined method).

Unless you are familiar with the 3ds file format in some detail, this way is probably not the best way to store level data.

If you decide to just brute-force render the scene, it will be very slow, if not unplayable.

Also, for collision detection, you must avoid checking against every polygon in the 3ds world model.

Try looking at BSP tree and portal tutorials, also bound sphere collision for now. Per polygon collision detecting is very complex.

No bombs, No guns, just an army of game creators...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement