Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trial 3D editor- enter registration key to buy?

This topic is 6277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Lets not turn GameDev into a load of warez boards shall we?

Besides if you haven't got the amount of experience in the field of 3D graphics to know what to look for, use the net and do some research on different packages.

(And you're asking for trouble requesting warez/serialz on a web site full of GUYS WHO EARN A LIVING FROM THESE PROGRAMS.

Please, use some common sense.

Note: Not a flame! - Just a hot bit of advice.

Waassaap!!

Edited by - mr_jrt on October 2, 2000 11:07:37 PM

H3llo, I am a war3z d00d and I would like to ''3valuat3'' your softwar3z. Please send me free appz so I can b3 l33t. And don''t be pissed when I hax0rz your app because I''m just a poor kid that doesn''t work. After all, a job would mean less time for me to be in my room listening to M3tallica! I should still get software though because I''m me and it doesn''t hurt anyone!

Does anyone else find this funny? People who frequent this board are asking for War3z? I''m going to absolutely LAUGH my ass off when you return in a year asking "Why is nobody buying my software, but I have 8 million downloads?"

I''m going to give you people some info about this warez stuff:

Let''s assume that you''re making a game.
Ofcourse you want to publish this game when it''s ready (and good enough)

But I don''t think that any publisher will publish your game if the content is made with illegal software.
(You have to show them the licenses)

So what''s the sense of downloading all this illegal shit if it isn''t usable?

Think about it...

NOTE: This is also not a flame, just some info

He did say:
quote:

I need to find a 3d editor that you can buy by simply entering a registration key.. heh.. any sugestions?

Notice he DID say 'buy' and he didn't ask for the registration code. Though what he planned to do with it after he got it might be a diferent story . Atleast give him the benefit of the doubt eh?

"Two wrongs do not make a right; it usually takes 3 or more."

Edited by - Ratheous on October 5, 2000 4:02:42 PM

>>But I don''t think that any publisher will publish your game if >>the content is made with illegal software.
>>(You have to show them the licenses)

I agree that people shouldnt be warezing stuff if they plan on makeing money and all. But are publishers really going to demand to see the licenses? Ive never had a "publishing deal" but it seems odd they would want/care about that stuff. I dont see how they could prove you made a game w/ photoshop, instead of a free progrma like GIMP.

I guess I''ll throw in my 2c about warez: I don''t care if a 13 year old warez''s a compiler or expensive art program. Because 1)He''s using it to learn something 2)He''s not making money from it, which is what they are intended for 3)A 13 year old can''t afford a $500 program (at least I couldnt when I was that age). Yeah, its still illegal Im not debating that. So dont try to capitilize that word thinking it''ll make me think differently.

If he was warezing games though, he can die

Umm, Note: This is not a flame. Im just not going to piss my pants if a little boy decides to DL 3D Studio Max. Im an adult and buy all my stuff. thanks

---------------
http://ratfest.org