Drawing on the menu bar

Started by
1 comment, last by anist 19 years, 7 months ago
This is best illustrated with a picture: http://www.jdennis.net/DeadAIM/images/tabbednew.jpg I have some tabs that I'd like to use, and I really like the close button being in the menu bar below the main close button so it is much harder to hit by accident. How exactly could I draw onto the menu bar itself, however?
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Advertisement
Um... let's see. I think win32 has some sub or super class ability, doesn't it?

You could set it up so your class recieves input before the normal menubar, and draws after the menu bar. or something.

seems like a stupid way of doing it, though. *runs back to the comfort of gtk*
um, that's not being drawn by the user. that close button comes from the fact that it is a MDI client window. this can be done easily if you know Win32. a nice page on this

i wouldn't recommend it, since win32 allows for some fairly good menu drawing by defualt, but if you must draw your own menu
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement