WTK and SMTK

Started by
6 comments, last by shmoove 19 years, 7 months ago
I've tried moving the M55 directory with the emulator files into my WTK directory C:\WTK104\wtklib\devices where all my other emulators like Nokia 7210 emulators etc are located.But upon running WTK,i don't see my M55 emulator in the listbox.Anyway encountered a similar problem with using Siemens emulators? Another question is how do i integrate SMTK with my Sun One Studio IDE?
Advertisement
Moosey the Siemens Emulators will not intergrate in to WTK!

Learn to You Esclipse ME with has Siemens Emu support.

Yup. I use the SMTK with Antenna.

And I think spending a couple of days learning to use Ant and Antenna, getting a few build scripts up and running is an invaluable experience for a J2ME developer. You won't be dependant on IDEs anymore.

shmoove
Also, a large benefit to any developer is to actually read the readme fo the tool you are trying to use as it actually has such information on what it integrates with and what it doesn;t integrate with..

Quote:Original post by shareme
Also, a large benefit to any developer is to actually read the readme fo the tool you are trying to use as it actually has such information on what it integrates with and what it doesn;t integrate with..

Ok,thanks.I know that SMTK is able to integrate with Sun One Mobile studio.I'm trying to figure out how to go about doing that.
Quote:Original post by Woody FX
Moosey the Siemens Emulators will not intergrate in to WTK!

Learn to You Esclipse ME with has Siemens Emu support.

I see,thanks for the reply.Will try out Eclipse soon enough.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Yup. I use the SMTK with Antenna.

And I think spending a couple of days learning to use Ant and Antenna, getting a few build scripts up and running is an invaluable experience for a J2ME developer. You won't be dependant on IDEs anymore.

shmoove

Quite true,but after using Visual Studio .NET at work.I'm totally reliant on IDEs with their autocomplete features and what not.
I meant that you won't be dependant on any specific IDE. You could use any IDE you want (heck, even VS.NET if you want to), and all the build process will be handled by running a simple script (and running scripts is something that can be integrated into just about any IDE out there).

shmoove

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement