• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Arcibald Wearlot

[SOLVED] DirectInput problem - duplicated registry keys

This topic is 5415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I discovered that every time I rebuild and run my app DirectInput creates a new registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/DirectInput with my app's name. I had hundreds of keys and it took me half an hour to delete them all. The DirectX SDK Documentation mentions the problem, but it just says that: "To avoid generating multiple keys in the registry, use the binary value, AppIdFlag. " and then describes the possible values of AppIdFlag. The problem is, where/what is this flag? I scanned the register and found nothing. It doesn't seem to be in the DirectInput creation functions either. I searched on google and I only find a page that could help, but it's in german and I can't read it. I really don't know where to look for it! I hope you can help me! Thanks. (in case someone knows german, here is the page..) http://www.google.it/search?q=cache:Aooh0ez6LKQJ:www.zfx.info/DisplayThread.php%3FTID%3D14523+directinput+appidflag&hl=it [Edited by - Arcibald Wearlot on September 22, 2004 2:38:53 PM]

Advertisement
I believe you're supposed to create it within that registry key (CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/DirectInput). By default the value doesn't exist, because most systems don't use it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!