multi-textured cubes

Started by
1 comment, last by ekrax 19 years, 7 months ago
hello, i'm having a problem when placing multiple textured cubes beside each other. the front of all the cubes is textured like grass and the the other sides are all textured like rocks, when i tile these cubes and place them next to each other in rows and columns i can see lines of the rock texture showing through. if i rotate the scene so it looks sorta of isometric the lines are even more visable, the rock texture appears to be on top of the grass texture inbetween the cubes. it's like there is a seam between each cube. why is this happening? i have depth testing enabled and my window is being created with 16 bits. the cubes are not over lapping either, they are 2x2x2 and are placed according to a tile and height map, that i know sperates them properly. is there something i should have enabled? should i be drawing my cubes with GL_TRIANGLES and not GL_QUADS? thanks for any help in advance.
Advertisement
a picture is worth a thousand words (ie i cant visualize what youre explaining)
ok, i couldn't figure out how to show an image so i uploaded it to a crappy tripod acount here is the link to the screenshot ... and it shows what i am saying, with the lines and all ...

http://nihilist17.tripod.com/screen1.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement