• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Musik

An API function is needed.

This topic is 5412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need a method to change my display way like this. There should be two special areas at the edge of the display area.In these areas,from ons side to the other,the graystyle of every pixels change gradually from 0 to 255. I've thinked up a way to do this:adjust the Graphic driver function code.Make some changes on the data in the framebuffer and then put them out as well.Bu I'm not formal familiar with Windows API.So,would someone be kind enough to tell me some API functions which can visit the framebuffer and solve the problem? And is the source code of the disply card needed in the project? Thanks very much.

Advertisement
Thanks very much.

But still,I need the interface to the framebuffer.I need to kown where and how to make these changes.

you cant get one with OpenGL, not directly the best you can do is read and write the pixel data to/from the gfx card but this is SLOW.

you might have to rethink your method or maybe explain slightly better why you need to be able todo this

If you want to do processing on the framebuffer directly you can render it to a texture and render it to the screen as a screen-aligned quad, using a fragment shader to do any processing you want. There are limitations to this though, primarily that the shader will only have knowledge of the current pixel.

The purpose I need the adjustability is that I meant to make two projections smoothly patch togeter to display a single output,a game,a stream media and so on.So,the speed of output is also important.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!