• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tiwummbihaou

UT2004 compile error

This topic is 5416 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i have a package which does nothing :) when i compile it with ucc make it responds Superclass DeathMatchPlus of class MyGame not found. what shall i do to make this compiler see that Superclass? thnx

Advertisement
however i now managed to build and compile my new game i could not see the name of "my game" with in the games in UT 2004. What could be the problem now?
my tutorial is http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTMods.html i think it is not applicable with UT 2004. is there a tutorial which is for UT2004 specifically?
thnx

Did you create the int file with the appropriate info? According to the tutorial, it should be something like this:
Quote:

Object=(Name=MyPackage.MyGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Preferences=(Caption="My Game",Parent="Game Types",Class=MyPackage.MyGame,Immediate=True)

Note that I haven't done any UT2004 modding yet, but I don't think they will have changed this from 2003 (where I did it this way and it worked).

EDIT: Oops, seems I might be wrong.. At least I read in some forum post on beyondunreal that you need to list it in a .ucl... No idea, sorry. If you haven't yet, try it out as listed in the tutorial, otherwise good luck.

Yeah, if it doesn't autocreate a .ucl when you compile the package, run 'ucc exportcache YourPackage.u'.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Since you are making another gametype, you must have at least one map for this gametype in the maps directory to make the gametype show up.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!