Enumarating devices

Started by
3 comments, last by BioLich 19 years, 6 months ago
Is there a way to enumerate graphic devices and select one of them under OpenGL? Thanks.
________________________________________________________www.wizardofoz.tk
Advertisement
no this is done with the window manager, check out sdl this will let u do this (only for fullscreen modes of course)
OpenGL has no such concept.

and why should it? Do you have two different graphics cards hooked up to the same moniter? no, so why have the game make a decision between them, if they don't exist.
When you say graphics devices, do you mean actual graphics cards, or do you mean different screen resolutions? If you're asking how to change the screen resolution, and you're working under Win32, then you need the EnumDisplaySettings and ChangeDisplaySettings functions...
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
Old computers can have more than one graphic card (Fortunately now there isn't this problem!). I was interested in knowing if there is a way to choose the driver to use, like for sound cards or input devices.
This can be done under DirectX but OpenGL doesn't support directly it.
________________________________________________________www.wizardofoz.tk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement